Back with the Mexican theme to close this week and head into the weekend. This coriander slaw is light and refreshing to balance out a spicy dish and offers just the right amount of tanginess. As you can see I mixed red and white cabbage for this slaw, but you could easily do either depending on the color you want to add to your plate.
I used dairy free Greek yogurt because it’s thicker and coats the cabbage nicely and doesn’t create too much liquid. Of course, should you not be able to get your hands on dairy free Greek yogurt, you could substitute it with dairy free yogurt. However, you should be aware that the dressing will be thinner and you will end up with more excess liquid. Still tastes delicious though, so don’t worry about that. For this version I shredded the cabbage by hand, but for a more even and thin result I would definitely advice to use the mandolin.
If you missed the first two posts this week you should definitely check them out. I already posted another side, mango guacamole and the perfect vessel for your taco paleo tortilla. Tomorrow finally the carnitas pulled pork recipe will go live. So definitely come back to complete your taco tomorrow.
- 800 gram cabbage mixed shredded
- 1 cup dairy free Greek yogurt I used made from coconut
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 stalks green onion
- 1 cup coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients except shredded cabbage in a blender and pulse till you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour dressing over shredded cabbage and mix well.
- Set to rest while you make main dish. It usually gets better after 1 hour but you can easily make this one day ahead. It will keep nicely.