Cinnamon Granola Muffin
Just in case you have some paleo granola leftovers you can try this cinnamon granola muffins. I’ve been wanting to make them for a while now, but never manage to get my hands on enough granola to be able to make them. My third batch I actually hid 1 cup of granola in order to have enough to make this, it sounds crazy but yeah granola is hot commodity in this household. That’s my tip, if you want to make this muffin make sure to save one 1 cup otherwise you’ll come back to an empty jar.
While you can see the muffin liners in the picture I didn’t actually use the liners to bake the muffin, I just added it afterwards for a nice presentation. My reason for not using a paper muffin liner is completely personal. I feel like a lot of the batter gets stuck to the paper and when eating you kind of lose a bit that remains stuck, I’m just greedy like that. Also, in my experience even when completely cooled down the paper remains a little bit soggy and wet. This is slightly different with a foil baking cup, which is much easier to remove and the liner doesn’t stay wet. However here in the Netherlands I’ve only ever seen paper liners.
The batter itself is less sweet as most of the sweetness will come from the granola topping, combined together it’s the perfect bite. It’s perfect for your next brunch situation. Are we allowed to have brunch again and have people over? I have a need to entertain and host, so one of the things I’m looking forward to coming out of this pandemic, is to have people over again and feeding them. What are you looking forward to after the pandemic? Let us know in the comments.
Cinnamon Granola Muffin
- 12 cup Muffin pan
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 medium eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil plus extra to grease the muffin pan
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon Granola topping
- 1 cup paleo granola chopped
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the batter together.
- Whisk all wet ingredients and add to flour mix.
- Grease muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Divide batter into muffin pan.
- Mix melted coconut oil with coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the chopped granola to the sugar mixture and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Check if it's done otherwise give it another 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool down completely before serving.