Easy, beautiful and sooo good! – Avocado cream tower with mango topped with smoked wild salmon, grilled shrimps and green salad makes for a delicious appetizer.
When I invite guests for lunch or dinner, I make a complete menu. My kitchen is not big, so I have to be very smart how I use my limited space.
I try to combine an easy make-ahead appetizer, that gives me more time to focus on the main course, especially if it’s a bit complicated. This appetizer is easy to make, pretty and delicious and good for a quick lunch too.
I buy smoked wild salmon at my favorite fishmonger and sometimes I can buy it in the supermarket too, but it is not always available there.
Sometimes I buy Norwegian ocean-farmed salmon, fortunately there has been a 99% reduction in the usage of antibiotics, check the labels to make sure.
I made this avocado tower with a small mango which gave it a bit of a tropical taste and it’s really good together with fish.
My family and I love a good avocado dish. Sometimes I mix it in my smoothie, it’s a nice addition to sandwiches and makes a very delicious chocolate cream. Ooh don’t forget about avocado soup! Yummy!
Avocado is rich with vitamin C, vitamin E, and potassium.
- 7cm plating ring
- Frying pan
- 200 gram wild smoked salmon
- 20 pcs shrimp about 400 gram, peeled and deveined
- 3 avocados halved, pitted and diced
- 1 mango peeled, pitted and diced
- 100 gram mixed green salad
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- pinch sea salt and pepper
- 1 lemon sliced
- crema di balsamico
- Lightly mash the avocado with a fork, leaving it a bit chunky as it will hold its shape better.
- Add finely diced onion, minced garlic, diced mango, lime juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and mix it with fork.
- Put a 7cm diameter cooking ring into the middle of the plate and put ¼ avocado cream into it with a spoon. Push it a bit with your spoon.
- Divide the sliced wild salmon equally on the top of the avocado towers. Lift the ring and repeat this on the next 3 plates. You will have 4 small towers.
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing olive oil, lime juice, agave syrup, salt and pepper.
- Gently mix the salad with the vinaigrette.
- Place salad around the small salmon towers.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil or butter in a pan and sauté the shrimp 2-3 minutes on each side with a pinch of salt, or until opaque. I keep it very simple, because I don't want any of the flavors to overpower each other, less is more. Once done place them over the salad.
- Decorate your salmon towers with a slice of lemon and finish it off with a drizzle of crema di balsamico.