Raw White Chocolate and Raspberry ‘Cheesecake’
I’ve made lots of cakes before we changed to paleo diet, after changing I was a bit lost. How could I make a good base without wheat flour, a nice cream without butter and cheese? The last but one of the most important aspects when you make a cake, it has to look pretty, because you eat with your eyes first.
The recipe of this beautiful cake is not my creation but the cake on the picture is. When I’ve seen this cake on Facebook 4 years ago, it was love at first sight. I knew immediately I have to make it and didn’t waste time. I surprised my family with it first, a week later our friends and next time I made it for my friend’s birthday party and everybody wanted the recipe.
Daniel Barrett ‘The Aussie Paleo Chef’ created this absolutely delicious and beautiful cake. He is cooking, baking lots of brilliant paleo cakes and food, this is not the only one I tried. I contacted him to ask his permission to publish his recipe and he agreed to share it with you. Thank you very much Daniel!
All ingredients in the base, filling and topping fit together. The flavors of nuts, cacao butter and raspberry harmonize very well.
Follow the instruction precisely, if you want to substitute any ingredients ask me before you do, otherwise the result will not be the same.
Raw White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake
- Food processor
- 190 gram dates I use medjool dates
- 50 gram dessicated or flaked coconut
- 70 gram hazelnut meal
- 30 gram cacao butter
- 350 gram cashews
- 130 gram coconut oil melted
- 45 gram cacao butter melted
- 1½ tsp gelatin powder
- 200 gram organic frozen raspberries defrosted and pureed
- 100 gram raw organic honey melted
White Chocolate Top
- 100 gram cacao butter
- 45 gram coconut oil
- 35 gram raw organic honey melted
- ¼ tsp ground vanilla
- 50 gram coconut milk
- Line a spring form cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10-15 minutes. (Not necessary to soak, if you use Medjool data, because it is not dry, it is fresh.)
- Drain and transfer to food processor bowl with coconut and hazelnut meal. Blend until ‘crumb’ like.
- Melt the cacao butter and blend into the date mix.
- Press the soft mix into the base of the prepared tin.
- Soak the cashews in cold water for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Drain and transfer to a food processor bowl and blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl as needed.
- Add half the coconut oil and gelatin and process a further minute.
- Add the remaining coconut oil, cacao butter, raspberries and honey and processed until completely incorporated.
- Spread on top of the base and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
White Chocolate Top
- Melt the cacao butter, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Allow to cool to approx. 26 C and whisk in the honey, followed by the coconut milk until well incorporated.
- Spread on the top of the raspberry cheesecake filling and refrigerate.
- Allow to set for 1-2 hours before serving.
- If desired, garnish the top with extra raspberry puree and coconut milk.