This was a happy accident as I was baking pumpkin for a different recipe and had way too much pumpkin leftover and decided to get creative. The beauty of this is that it’s deliciously filling bowl that keeps you satisfied till late lunch.
Since then I’ve made it a few times and we always enjoy it. I usually make it in the evening and portion it in bowls. In the morning I simply add a few toppings of choice and I’m set. Depending on the size of your household you might have breakfast for the coming 2 days, one less thing to worry about!
Making your own pumpkin puree is surprisingly easy and, in this way, you’re assured that you don’t have any undesirable additives entering your body.
Pumpkin Breakfast Bowl
- Blender or Food processor
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- coco flakes
- Heat up oven to 180°C.
- Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out all seeds.
- Turn upside down on lined baking sheet and lightly drizzle olive oil on top of skin.
- Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Check if it's done by poking it with a fork, it should go in easy. If not roast for another 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down and scoop out pumpkin flesh.
- Add pumpkin and all other ingredients to food processor and blend well.
- Divide over 4 bowls and set to chill overnight.
- Add toppings and enjoy breakfast.