Paleo Banana Ice Cream
By popular demand I bring you banana ice cream!
You requested more healthy ice cream options, which I absolutely understand in these hot summer days. But I must confess that I can eat ice cream any time of the year. Because you requested and we listen, I am expanding our ice cream collection with this paleo banana ice cream with chocolate decoration. I dare say this is one of the most delicious banana ice cream I have ever eaten. I used my electric ice cream machine a lot this summer. Mostly making fruit ice creams, all seasonal of course. I am already looking forward to the arrival of fresh, seasonal plums as the rum-plum ice cream is very delicious, and I would not want to miss it.
This banana ice cream is gluten free, dairy free and I used honey instead of sugar. There was no need to add a lot of honey, because the bananas were already sweet enough. The method of preparation is extremely simple. First you just have to put all the ingredients in the blender, mix them until creamy. And lastly pour into ice cream machine. Nothing complicated. Have you had the chance to try my peach and melon ice cream already? Definitely worth it.
My machine is very simple, it has a container that I keep in the freezer, it will make the icy temperature for ice cream making. Of course, we need good equipment and tools in the kitchen if we want to make nice dishes. But it’s not necessary to buy the most expensive one in order to get the job done. One of the things we want to show you is that you can make nice, delicious and healthy food even in smaller kitchens. We are most passionate about showing you how to prepare healthy, tasty and pretty dishes at home without much effort.
If you are not already, follow us on Facebook and Instagram and sign-up for our newsletter, because we share healthy and yummy food everyday with much love!
Paleo Banana Ice Cream
- Electric ice cream maker
- 2 bananas peeled
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 ml almond cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 gram chocolate 85%
- Cut half banana into equal slices for serving.
- Put chopped 1,5 banana into blender.
- Add honey, lemon juice, vanilla extract, half of almond cream, salt and blend for 2 minutes, until it’s creamy.
- Add other half of almond cream and blend until the mixture is homogeneous and a bit foamy.
- Pour this ice cream mixture into electric ice cream maker and follow its instructions. My machine needs 25-40 minutes, depends on the ingredients’ temperature.
- Melt the chocolate above steam (au bain marie) and dip sliced banana in it.
- Make some chocolate decoration from the rest. Draw motives with the melted chocolate on an aluminum foil or on a marble board (this is the best) then put into the fridge together with chocolatey banana slices to harden, while ice cream machine is working.
- Spoon the ready ice cream into bowls and decorate with chocolatey banana slices and chocolate decorations.