Energy Bomb for Breakfast
This Spinach, Eggs and Cheddar Cheese Breakfast is a great source of energy and keeps you full for long time during the day. All ingredients contain very small amount of carbs. This breakfast is part of the keto diet also. This breakfast is rich in fats and moderate in protein.
The keto or ketogenic diet is a low-carb, moderate protein and a higher fat diet. This diet is especially useful for losing excess body fat, reducing hunger, and improving type 2 diabetes or metabolic syndrome. The reduction in carb intake puts your body in a metabolic state called ketosis, where fat, from your diet and from your body, is burned for energy. It is also a very important requirement of this diet to eat real food, to avoid processed food. You can read a very good summary of the keto diet on the Dietdoctor page.
Bird eggs have been valuable food since prehistory. Chickens probably were domesticated for their eggs before 7500 BCE. The meals often started with an egg course in ancient Rome. Chicken, duck, and goose eggs are the most commonly used bird eggs.
Egg white consists of approximately 90 % water into which is dissolved 10 % proteins. The yolk is high in fats. Egg white almost does not contain fat and its carbohydrate content is less than 1%. Egg white has many uses in food. It also plays a very important role in the preparation of vaccines.
The color of the egg yolk depends on the diet of the poultry. The egg yolk of corn-fed chicken is yellower. If poultries are fed without colored foods, the yolk will be almost colorless.
Organic chickens are raised outdoors without added drugs or chemicals. Industrial poultry and egg production are full of unnecessary chemicals and drugs. Be aware that free-range eggs aren’t necessarily the same as organic. Check the labels every time, look for the official organic logo on the box.
Check the labels every time, look for the official organic logo on the egg boxes.
Keto Spinach, Eggs and Cheddar Breakfast
- 100 gram spinach fresh and washed
- 1 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 eggs whisked
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- 5 pcs cocktail tomatoes halved
- 12 slices cucumber
- 5 pcs radish sliced
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Parsley leaves for the top optional.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add spinach and garlic, and sauté on medium high heat for 4 minutes, until the spinach collapses. Stir constantly. I don’t cover it because I want as much water as possible to evaporate from the spinach.
- Add 2 pinches salt to whisked eggs and pour over the spinach. Combine them. Then cook for 3 minutes on medium heat and stir sometimes. Don't over stir! These are folded eggs rather than scrambled.
- When the bottom of the spinach-egg mixture is fried but the top is still a bit undercooked, place a slice of cheddar cheese on it. Fold the fried egg in half, then place the other slices of cheese on top and fold into quarter. Fry it for 2 minutes then turn carefully and cook the other side for 2 minutes too. It's ready when cheese is melted in it.
- Serve to plate and put halved cocktail tomatoes, cucumber slices and sliced radish around it. Enjoy!