Keto Chicken Burger and Bread Roll
Paleo and Keto Friendly
These chicken burgers with the bread rolls are gluten free, dairy free, soy free and low carb. They are paleo and keto diet friendly.
What’s the first thing that comes to my mind about a burger? Fast food and street kitchen. We all know the big fast-food chains. We visited these places a lot 15 years ago, but I know it was a big mistake. They sell salads and put vegetables into the burgers, and you would think easily that food is healthy. But it is not true. When you make food at home, you know exactly all ingredients. I do not use wheat flour, soy and preservatives what are very common components in fast foods.
You can make breakfast or prepare a lunch box really fast, if you bake the buns in advance.
Keto Bread Rolls
The ingredients of these rolls are almond flour, psyllium husk powder, egg whites, baking powder, salt and water. In addition to being delicious, it contains very small amount of carbs, just 4 grams in a bun.
I do not like the eggy taste in bread and rolls, and I needed a salty, delicious roll which can be a good base for my paleo sandwich. These turned out great. Use my other paleo roll recipe if you have egg allergy and follow egg-free diet.
Homemade Chicken Patties
This chicken burger is very easy to make. I use organic minced chicken in this recipe. Ask your butcher if you don’t want to mince meat at home, or you do not have equipment for that. It is the best from mixed chicken meat.
I add smoked paprika and dried Provencal herbs in it, which makes these patties very delicious.
It’s not necessary to add breadcrumbs to the meat to help binding like in other recipes. This is a keto and paleo burger. Don’t worry, patties will not fall apart. They will be very pretty.
Keto Chicken Burger and Bread Roll
For bread rolls
- 120 gram almond flour
- 50 gram psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 medium egg whites
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 240 ml hot water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds
For chicken patties
- 900 gram chicken meat minced
- 3 spring onion finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp Provencal herbs mix dried
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 tsp mayo
- 6 slices vegan cheese soy free, melted
- 1 big red onion sliced to rings
- 2 gem salad open to leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- Make the bread rolls. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, psyllium husk powder, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix egg whites and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl, then add this mixture to the flour mix. Combine with electric hand mixer.
- Add hot water while mixing constantly. You will get a sticky dough.
- Shape 6 rolls from the dough by oily hands. Place them on the lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes. Then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile make the chicken patties. Combine all ingredients (except olive oil) in a big bowl.
- Shape 6 patties from the mixture by wet hands, they are about 2.5 cm thick.
- Grease a frying pan with olive oil. Heat on medium high level then cook patties for 4 minutes on both sides, until golden brown. Cook until it’s not pink in the middle.
- Cut bread rolls in half. Spread both parts of the rolls with mayo inside. Place 1-2 salad leaves (depends on the size of the salad) on the bottom part. Then place the patty on it. Add 3 rings of red onion and melted cheese, 1 slice of fresh tomato and salad leaves again, then place the cap of the rolls on the top. The chicken burger is ready! Enjoy!