This recipe was supposed to go up yesterday, but as I was writing the intro I just kept going back to how heavy the entire week was and felt the need to address it. As this was a topic on its own we decided to not post a recipe yesterday and simply postpone these delicious chocolate chip banana pancakes. If you haven’t had a chance to read my post from yesterday you can check it here, I Have a Voice!
Sometimes the best recipes are created out of necessity. When I stepped into my kitchen to make breakfast a few weeks ago I didn’t have much and really needed to get some groceries. What I did have was some overripe frozen bananas I saved, to not have them go bad. This is a great way to save your bananas when they reach that stage and you don’t necessarily have an immediate use for them. Mine were frozen but you don’t need to freeze yours in order to make this recipe, they just need to be extremely ripe to act as the sweetener.
I’m currently finding comfort in these delicious pancakes and hope you too find a special way to enjoy them.
Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- 1 cup tapioca
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cup almond milk
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chip
- coconut oil
- In a blender mix the bananas with, eggs, almond milk, vanilla until incorporated.
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and use a whisk to mix into a smooth batter.
- Heat up a pan and spray with coconut oil.
- Make 2-3 medium sized pancakes and add 5-6 chocolate chips to each. I like to do this individually as you will be certain that all pancakes will have an equal amount. You could also just add the chocolate chips to the batter and scoop everything out together.
- Allow to cook for 2 minutes before flipping the pancakes over. They will be slightly firm at the edges.
- Cook on the other side for another 1½ minute and gently flip over and place on a plate. The chocolate chips will have started to melt that’s why you want to be gentle to not accidentally remove all the chips when taking it out of the pan.
- Spray your pan again and repeat steps 5-7 till you finish the batter.