This is an easy recipe to make. Just 15 minutes to prepare (o.k. maybe 20 minutes on a bad day) and 20 minutes baking in the oven.
Colorful veggies inside a tender piece of chicken, covered in a golden-brown bacon blanket makes a delicious easy meal. Something you can easily take for lunch, it’s also a perfect addition to your kids’ lunchbox.
I love it because of its simplicity and versatility, an easy dinner after a long day of work or when having people over. You can do your prep before your friends arrive and pop it in the oven when they ring the bell. During the baking time you can catch up with your friends while snacking on Pao de Queijo. Check the recipe for the Pao de Queijo here.
I used a steamer pan for the vegetables because they maintain their lovely vibrant colors and the steamer pan helps to cook them in a nutritious, healthy manner.
How to steam without a steamer? We made a separate blog with a few tips and tricks.
Broccoli & Carrot Stuffed Chicken
- 4 pcs Chicken Breast 4x180gr
- 1 head Broccoli
- 8 pcs Carrot Peeled
- 8 slices Bacon 16-18 cm each
- 2 Avocado
- 2 Pear
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Grated
Instructions Stuffed Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the broccoli into same size florets. Peel the carrots and leave them 7-8cm long.
- Add 1 tsp salt to the steaming water. Make sure the water is hot and steaming before you add the vegetables. Steam the vegetables for 5 minutes. Test the broccoli with a fork to check whether it's cooked through, but still crunchy.
- Cut a small pocket in the chicken breasts.
- Season the pockets with a pinch of salt and Italian seasoning.
- Stuff the pockets with the broccoli and carrots.
- Press the pockets down well and you can keep them closed with a toothpick.
- Wrap each stuffed chicken breast with bacon.
- Bake them in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the bacon is golden brown.
- Take the chicken out of the oven, cover with foil and set aside for 5-6 minutes to rest. Slice them into 4-5 evenly thick parts.
- While the chicken is in the oven, you can easily prepare this side dish under 10 minutes. Half the pears and avocados, pit them en slice thinly.
- Spread the pear and avocado slices on your plate, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, a few drops of olive oil. Sprinkle a little grated parmesan on top and finish of with a bit of parsley.