Bacon Chicken Date Roll
I’ve made this “one bite” roll several times. It’s a perfect snack with aperitif, great for parties on buffet table, for garden parties or your children’s birthday party. For now, they will serve as the perfect bite during movie night and satiate cravings during these endless days. Just be careful, before you know it they’re gone.
You only need three ingredients and a half an hour to make this, if preparing a bigger portion you need more time but your children can easily help you.
This portion is enough to make 16 rolls. If you want to make bigger portion for a big group, you can prepare them ahead, and keep them in the fridge until it’s time to bake them. Take them out from the fridge to get to room temperature one hour before the baking.
I love Medjool date! Lots of people think it is a dried fruit but they are wrong. Medjool dates are fresh fruit. It is harvested from date palm, cleaned, sorted and packaged immediately. Medjool dates are not processed fruit, not chemically dried. They are fresh!
Medjool dates originated from Morocco but are grown in warm regions of the United States, the Middle East, South Asia, and Africa now.
They are a very rich source of healthy nutrients, significant amount of fiber and variety of vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium, B vitamins, copper, magnesium and calcium.
Dates are a concentrated source of natural sugars. People with diabetes may need to moderate their intake of date, one small study found it has a low glycemic index (GI) and shouldn’t cause large increases in blood sugar. I say be careful and check your body’s reaction.
Bacon Chicken Date Roll
- 250 gram chicken breast
- 16 pcs medjool date
- 16 slices bacon
- salt and pepper you can also use your favorite spice mix
- Preheat the oven to 195°C.
- Cut the chicken breast filet to long thin slices. I cut to 16 slices.
- Season them with salt and pepper or your favorite spice mix, like Cajun mix, grill mix etc. Be careful with salt if you could not buy natural bacon.
- Remove seeds from dates.
- Wrap chicken around dates.
- Roll them into bacon slices and place to baking tray.
- Put the tray into the oven and bake the rolls for 20 minutes until they will be very nice golden brown.
- Serve them hot or cold. The rest is delicious next day also, but not a big chance of having any leftovers.